Gun Charge Attorney in Suffern, NY
New York State makes is very difficult for people to lawfully own firearms. Those permitted to own guns should understand all laws pertaining to gun ownership. Individuals who illegally own firearms can face significant penalties that may have a major impact on their future. If you have been charged with a gun crime in New York State, you may face jail time, fines, and other penalties. It is essential that you retain the services of an experienced criminal defense attorney who can protect you from an uncertain future. The Law Office of Carl Spector has proudly represented clients across Rockland County for over 30 years. Contact our office today to discuss your situation.
Gun Crimes in New York State
Anyone facing gun charges in New York State can be subject to significant penalties upon conviction. There are many different gun crimes that one can be charged with in New York. These include the following:
- Class B misdemeanors include the unlawful possession of certain ammunition feeding devices
- Class A misdemeanors include criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree, criminal purchase or disposal of a weapon, certain wounds reported, burn injury and wounds reported, unsafe storage of rifles, shotguns and firearms, and unlawful possession of a large capacity
- Class E felonies include criminal possession of a weapon on school grounds and criminal possession of a firearm
- Class D felonies include the criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree and criminal sale of a firearm in the third degree
- Class C felonies include the criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree, criminal use of a firearm in the second degree, criminal sale of a firearm in the second degree, criminal sale of a firearm with the aid of a minor, criminal sale of a firearm to a minor, and aggravated criminal possession of a weapon
- Class B felonies include criminal possession of a dangerous weapon in the first degree, criminal use of a firearm in the first degree and criminal sale of a firearm in the first degree
How Can Guns Lead to Upgraded Charges?
When weapons are involved in an offense, the offender can be subject to upgraded charges. For example, when a weapon is used during an assault, the charge can be upgraded from a simple assault to an aggravated assault. This can lead to even more fines, jail time, and other repercussions.
Contact a Rockland County Gun Charge Defense Attorney
If you were charged with a gun crime in Rockland County or New York State, you must have strong legal representation on your side. The legal team at The Law Office of Carl Spector has over 30 years of experience representing individuals throughout their criminal cases. Gun offenses are very serious and can result in years of jail time, overwhelming fines, and a cumbersome permanent criminal record. If you need an attorney you can count on, contact The Law Office of Carl Spector today.