With the new coronavirus reaching the prevalence that it has, there are several things you should keep in mind to ensure your safety, as well as the safety of those around you. Please keep the following in mind to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Continuously wash your hands with warm, soapy water, especially if you have been out in public. Additionally, many people do not know this, however, you should always wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. If you do not have soap on hand, use hand sanitizer, as it also helps kill viral germs.
- Though you may not feel coronavirus symptoms, if you cough or sneeze, ensure you do so into your elbow, as the virus spreads through droplets, and when you cough or sneeze, you release a stream of droplets into the air.
- It may be difficult to resist, however, you should refrain from touching any part of your face. Coronavirus can enter your body through your eyes, nose, or mouth, and not touching your face is a great way to prevent that from happening.
- Social distancing is perhaps the most important thing you can do to ensure you do not spread or contract the virus. This means you should always stay at least three feet away from people, and, if possible, avoid going out altogether. Many people are self-quarantining to protect themselves, and the government has advised us to do the same.
- The symptoms of the new coronavirus can include a runny nose, a dry cough, fever, pneumonia, difficulty breathing, and a sore throat. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it does not mean that you necessarily have coronavirus, however, you should not simply go to the doctor’s office. Instead, call your local health authorities and ask them about what you should do going forward.
We understand how disconcerting the virus spreading can be, however, it is best to keep a positive attitude and remain calm. We will get through this.